What kind of accessory is designed to be fun and provide a therapeutic input from the moment you start to put it on?
Kozie’s fun, cute fashion accessory compression belts are designed to apply adjustable proprioceptive, deep touch pressure compression to help promote self-calm, enhance focus and concentration, and increase body awareness in children with special needs. These compression belts can be worn over or under your favorite top or can be used in imaginary play.
Who would benefit from a compression belt?
Children with anxiety, autism, sensory sensitivity or Sensory Processing Disorders, ADHD, and many other different neurological challenges often benefit and respond well to deep pressure input. Compression increases endorphin levels and decreases heart rate and blood pressure. Deep touch pressure causes the release of both serotonin and dopamine in the brain. These are "happy" neurotransmitters and produce a feeling of calm.
Proprioception is the body’s awareness of its position in space such as posture, gait. The awareness of each joint's position in relation to all its other joints in the body for proper and smooth coordinated movements. Compression Garments such as Kozie’s Compression Belts can help provide the deep pressure input to assist with therapy to help improve movement, gait, core stability, postural strengthening, and activities of daily living including play. This could help benefit children with the decreased tone, hypotonia and muscle weakness, joint hypermobility, developmental coordination disorder (DCD), and movement also postural difficulties.
Small stretches from 18"-24"
Medium stretches from 23"-29"
Sensory Compression Belt Features:
- Machine washable
- 4" Black Nylon Elastic waistband
- Hook & loop closure adjustable closure
- Fun embroidered Motif
- Provides opportunities for fun and interactive play
- Moderate deep pressure assists with self-calming, organization, enhancing a preferred level of alertness, increased focus, and improved body awareness
- Noninvasive therapeutic opportunity
- Helps regulate the proprioceptive sensory system through deep pressure input
- Provides opportunities for comfort and compression during work or fun and interactive play