For Children with Special Needs/Proprioceptive Therapy for SPD
It is so amazing and exciting that you can receive sensory benefits from the right Clothing. The deep pressure sensory input from our weighted vests can give the child’s body what they crave. The Deep pressure from our precious girls “Sofia” Weighted Vest often increases our Happy hormones such as serotonin and dopamine while also slowing down our involuntary functions such as heart rate, blood pressure and the stress hormone cortisol. There are so many benefits of deep touch pressure such as reducing anxiety, improving attention, decreasing hyperactivity, improving body awareness, assisting with self-regulation and much more.
There are many conditions that could benefit from deep pressure sensory input.
Some of these conditions that benefit from deep pressure input are as follows, but not limited to:
- Sensory processing disorder
- Premature birth
- Developmental delays
- Eating disorders
- Asperger’s syndrome
- Postural disorder
- Motor coordination disorders
- Speech disorders
- Learning disabilities
- Executive function disorders
- Fragile X syndrome
- Sleep disorders
- Mood disorders
- Tourette syndrome
- Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (NAS)
- Neonatal Opiate Withdrawal Syndrome (NOWS)
Colors Available: light blue with chocolate corduroy and dot placket and pocket
Fabric / Material: Cotton / Poly Pile Berber
One tear away tag to limit sensory sensitivity increasing calmness and focus capabilities of child
The vest comes with THREE inside weights placed in our 5 inside pockets which can also house additional accessory weights (sold separately). Consult with a Sensory Occupational Therapist or contact us with questions for more information.
The inside vest is lined with a light weight cotton fabric containing 5 pockets where weights can be added transitioning the vest to a “Weighted Vest” performance garment.
The front of the vest has Velcro closure with faux button closure overlay to enhance timely dressing independence as well as provide and appropriate proprioceptive fine motor sensory input.
Cargo Pocket: Our Signature Pocket (see detail)
- The top flap provides fastening practice through buttoning and snapping. This does not operate the pocket.
- The bottom Velcro flap operates the pocket and provides proprioceptive feedback through the Velcro.
- Inside the pocket are fidgets sewn in to help the sensory system calm. Improves awareness and organization.
- The pocket is on the right front for spatial organization.
Hand Wash or Machine wash on a cool wash (30 to 40 degrees C) and it is best to allow to dry naturally. Do not Iron. Do not Dry Clean