"The Olivia” is Kozie’s infant and little Girl ONE-PIECE SHORTS Bodysuit. It is carefully designed for baby, toddler and the small child receiving G- tube feeding/abdominal feeding, Monitors, Leads, Ports, I-Vs, Trachea, etc. This adorable sensory soft Kozie Bodysuit has snap closures at both shoulders and crotch for easy access for many applications such as; easy, safe on and off, Port access, cleaning around trachea, clean up from drool, spit up, diapering/potty, etc. "THE OLIVIA" provides quick hidden accessibility to the Enteral feeding/ G- Tube site, all in a soft combed cotton! Designed with the assistance of Pediatric Nurses, Special Needs Parents, and Sensory Therapists. "So Comfy!"
Special Needs Parents, and Sensory Therapists and includes easy access for the following medical treatments:
1. ENTERNAL FEEDING/GASTROSTOMY TUBE FEEDING(G-TUBE) to support children with certain medical conditions who cannot eat enough food by mouth, to enhance children’s nutrition, and to aid the metabolic demands of the stress of illness such as:
▪ Congenital heart defects as with ventricular or a trial septal defects or severe Malformations such as; tetralogy or Fallot, Hypoplastic left heart syndrome
▪ Congenital Anomalies of the upper Gastrointestinal Tract such; as Esophageal Atresia, Tracheoesophageal Fistula, Esophageal Duplications, Developmental Obstructive Defects of the stomach such as hypertrophic pyloric stenosis, Gastric atresia, congenital gastricobstruction, and Duodenal Obstruction/atresia, etc.
▪ Metabolic disorders such as; Adrenal Hypoplasia, Argininosuccinate lyase deficiency, Argininosuccinic Aciduria, etc.
▪ Neurological Impairment as with Massive Brain Damage. For example Infantile Cerebral Palsy, Anoxia Brain Injury, Brain Tumors, Cerebral Atrophy, Cerebellar Hypoplasia, Cerebral Cavernous Malformation and Head Trauma, etc.
▪ Genetic syndromes/Chromosomal syndromes causing feeding/eating disorders such as; Alagille Syndrome, Alexander’s Disease, Alfi’s Syndrome, Allan Herdon Dudley Syndrome, Angelman Syndrome, Antley-bixler Syndrome, Barth Syndrome, Bartter Syndrom, Beck with-Wiedemann Syndrome, Bohring, Costello Syndrome, Silver-Russel Syndrome, Franceschetti syndrome, Noonan-syndrome, Corneila deLage Syndrome etc. Syndrome related malformations such as heart defect in Down syndrome, choanal atresia in CHARGE-syndrome and many more
▪ Psychosomatic/psychiatric eating disorders such as infantile anorexia
▪ Children who suffer from cancer may need ENS during chemotherapy to help prevent them from losing weight.
▪ Children suffering from renal insufficiency or renal diseases often lack appetite
▪ Absent Swallow Reflex, Achalasia, Aspiration
▪ Craniofacial such as Cervical Lymphangioma, Cleft pallet, etc.
▪ Some children with Autism
2. TRACHEOSTOMIES to relieve an obstruction to breathing. This may be found in the following conditions and more
▪ Tracheal/Bronchial Malasia
▪ Polyps and weak muscles in the trachea
▪ Inability to clear mucus for the lungs and airway
▪ Premature births
▪ Severe breathing conditions
▪ Tumors such as cystic hygroma
▪ Severe infection such as epiglottitis or croup
▪ Subglottic stenosis
▪ Vocal cord paralysis
▪ Laryngeal spasms or injury
▪ Congenital abnormalities of the airway
▪ Obstruction of airway
▪ Treacher Collins
▪ Pierre Robin Syndromes
▪ Severe neck or mouth injuries
▪ Airway burns
▪ Obstructive sleep apnea
▪ Broncho pulmonary Dysplasia
▪ Chronic pulmonary disease
▪ Chest wall injury
▪ Diaphragmdys function
▪ Paralyzing or weakening chest muscles and diaphragm
▪ Fracture of cervical vertebrae
▪ Spinal cord injury
▪ Long-termun consciousness or coma
▪ Congenital Central Hypoventilation
▪ Facial surgery