Therapeutic toys specially designed for special kids with neurological challenges such as Autism, ADHD, Sensory Processing Disorders, anxiety, etc...
Sensory toys that provide deep touch, proprioceptive input by carrying, lifting, pulling, pushing, etc., can help manage their sensory senses and help with body awareness. Evidence shows this type of sensory input has calming effects on the child’s central nervous system.
Deep pressure input can help improve calm, organization, mood, etc., by increasing endorphin levels (happy hormones-such as dopamine and serotonin) while slowing down involuntary functions related to stress, anxiety, heart rate, and blood pressure, as well as decreasing the stress hormone cortisol.
Benefits of our fun weighted and deep pressure toys
- Calming effects on the child’s central nervous system.
- Helps to improve mood.
- Easy to take anywhere.
- Fun and can be added to any sensory diet at home or school.
- May help to improve focus and concentration when used before an activity
- Helps to calm anxiety
Examples When to use sensory toys
- At home after school
- During school for a sensory break time
- Riding in the car
- Before an activity requiring focus and concentration
- Anytime to help calm
- Prior to bedtime, as part of a routine
- Unstructured time