It is no surprise that our Kozie Weighted Blanket with Duvet cover can have a positive neurological effect on just about any one, however there are many who suffer from conditions that really benefit from the deep pressure sensory input of our weighted blanket. Deep pressure often increases our Happy hormones such as serotonin and dopamine while also slowing down our involuntary functions such as heart rate, blood pressure and the stress hormone cortisol. Some of these conditions that benefit from deep pressure input are as follows, but not limited to:
- Sensory processing disorder
- Premature birth
- Developmental delays
- Eating disorders
- Asperger’s syndrome
- Postural disorder
- Motor coordination disorders
- Speech disorders
- Learning disabilities
- Executive function disorders
- Fragile X syndrome
- Sleep disorders
- Mood disorders
- Tourette syndrome
- Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (NAS)
- Neonatal Opiate Withdrawal Syndrome (NOWS)
So why the Kozie Weighted Blanket. Here's the TRUTH about what makes us stand out from all others. It is easy to see and feel how beautiful and lovely this blanket is. We make our blanket from the highest quality, soft, and durable machine washable fabrics. Kozie uses a heavy-duty interlocking snaps system allowing for the addition of a beautiful “snap in" Silver Plush Dimple velour/Heather Grey Poly Cotton Twill duvet. The size measures 40”x 48” which is a great size for EVERYONE (contact us and we will explain why) which is also easy to transport. SAFETY is what really makes us stand out even more! Our weighted blanket uses a TWO POCKET SYSTEM to house the weight beads double securely. This attention to detail is ESSENTIAL. Lastly this extraordinary Weighted blanket is done in beautiful neutrals it will look great anywhere and not be stigmatizing. Great for all ages, so it is the only one you will ever need to buy! No attachments to distract your child, just amazing to the touch.
Weighted blanket Plush Covers are two sided for extra tactile experience. Ultra- soft plush dimple velour on one side, combined with a beautiful poly cotton twill are the perfect duvet cover to be used with our high quality, machine washable, and soft black poly-cotton weighted blanket utilizing specially designed Kozie Clothes interlocking HEAVY snap system.
Hand Wash or Machine wash on a cool wash (30 to 40 degrees C) and it is best to allow to dry naturally. Do not Iron. Do not Dry Clean
Fabric / Material:
Polyester Silver Cuddle Dimple Velour (one side of cover)Heather Grey Poly Cotton Twill (one side of cover)Brushed Poly Cotton (inside blanket)
Weighted blanket and duvet are both machine washable. No need to remove weighted weights.SAFETY: The weight pellets are sewn into a TWO POCKET SYSTEM throughout many channels therefore the weight stays in the designated area preventing all the weight falling to the bottom and the beads are 2Xs secured within the weighted blanketThis weighted blanket is made of a beautiful soft fabric and filled with non-mildew poly pellets. It feels so good!The weighted blanket has EXTRA LARGE snaps allowing for the addition of an outside cover. No Velcro is used on our weighted blanket to avoid picking up dirt and lint which can render the blanket non usefulThe duvet covers are two sided for extra tactile input. Ultra-soft plush dimple velour and exceptionally quality poly cotton twillNo attachments to the blanket or distracting fabric patternsThese covers are relevantly designed to transcend all age groups and look great anywhere!!The construction of this blanket is superb, you will only ever need to buy one! And the size is easily moved to many different environmentsMade in the USA following all safety standards
ESPECIALLY DESIGNED BY A SENSORY CERTIFIED OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST that specializes in weighted blankets for babies, toddlers, and adults.
PLEASE READ ALL SAFETY GUIDELINES BELOW
- Weighted blankets should only be used with the direction and advice of your doctor, consultant, occupational therapist or other suitably qualified health professional.
- Ensure that the blanket does not cover the persons face and never use the blanket as a restraint. The user should be supervised and be able to self-remove the blanket independently.
- In the unlikely event of any discomfort discontinue use immediately.
- Keep the blanket away from heat sources, naked flames and cigarettes. Do not place on heaters or radiators.
- Do not roll up a person in a weighted blanket
- Never cover the head with the weighted blanket
- Do not use if there is a condition that may be compromised by putting weight on the body
- Do not use on children under the age of three or on children who cannot move out of underneath and peel back the blanket
- Make sure the blanket is always in good condition and have no holes, openings, rips etc.
- Weighted blankets should be used under the supervision of an adult at all times. Kozie Clothes accepts no responsibility for the misuse of blankets and lap pads supplied.