Weighted Blanket for Autism and Sensory Aid
HOW CAN WEIGHT HELP MY CHILD
Weight is a form of deep pressure neurological sensory input. It provides tactile and proprioceptive input to the body to help balance your child’s state of arousal. Deep pressure help calm, focus, improve mood, etc. by increasing endorphin levels (happy hormones-such a dopamine and serotonin), while also slowing down involuntary functions related to stress and anxiety, such as heart rate and blood pressure, and decreasing the stress hormone cortisol. Deep pressure is a great and safe adjunct to your child’s therapy, not a replacement. Deep pressure from weighted blankets can have a calming effect on kids almost immediately!
WHAT MAKES KOZIE’S WEIGHTED BLANKET AND LAP PADS THE WISER AND SAFEST CHOICE?
Here is the truth about what makes Kozie blankets and pads surpass all others.
· Kozie’s weighted blanket is a perfect size to enable it to be used for sleep, sitting, and traveling if you need to carry it with you. Not too large to inhibit you from using across many environments
· SAFETY- Kozie’s weighted blanket is the one that uses a TWO POCKET SYSTEM to house the poly pellet weights. This is a doubly secure system. This is ESSENTIAL for SAFETY
· Kozie’s weighted blanket has a duvet cover made from two different gorgeous fabrics for extra tactile input
· Kozie’s weighted blanket is designed in beautiful and timeless neutrals to look good everywhere
· Kozie’s weighted blanket is made with out distracting additions or distracting patterns and therefore transcends all age groups. You should never have to buy another one!
· Especially Designed by Sensory Certified OTs
· All lap pads are also designed with two premium fabrics and a double pocket weight pellet safety system
· All machine washable
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM KOZIE’S WEIGHTED BLANKETS AND LAP PADS?
It is no surprise that the Kozie’s Weighted Blanket and Lap Pad can have a positive neurological effect on just about anyone, however there are many who suffer from condition that really benefit from this type of deep pressure sensory input such as, however not limited to:
· Sensory Processing Disorder
· Insomnia and sleep disorders
· Panic attacks
· Developmental delays
· Fragile X
· Mood disorders
· Neonatal abstinence syndrome
· Serious medical conditions